Sunday, August 8, 2010

Last Week of Work and MSU Program

The week of August 2, 2010, was my last week of my internship with the municipal agency in Madrid. Our last day with the center was Thursday, August 5th, and the last day of Michigan State’s program was Saturday, August 7th. During this same week, my mother and sister arrived and I was able to take them around the city after work. Some of these visits included the Royal Palace, Botanical Gardens, La Caixa Forum, Plaza Puerta del Sol, Calle Gran Vía, Plaza de Cibeles, Chueca district, and the Prado and Reina Sofia museums. On Friday evening, after seeing several exhibits at the Reina Sofia, including Picasso’s Guernica, we found an excellent Thai restaurant near the museum called Restaurante Pad Thai, at Paseo del Prado 40.
Saturday morning was the last day of MSU’s program as well as the day to move out from the apartment in which I had stayed for the past few months. Before helping me move out of the apartment and into their hotel, my family met me at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in the northern part of the city. The stadium is home to the Real Madrid Football Club and is where almost all of the World Cup matches were shown on big screens. The tour included access to the stadium, field, locker rooms, trophy room, and the museum. After the tour ended, we walked back to my apartment and my family helped me move my remaining luggage out of the apartment and into the hotel by Sol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons